Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Progress So Far

By now I had hoped to have at least a website template up at www.heartbeat-childrens-music.com.

No such luck.

I did find a music-oriented template at XSitePro . I don't really like it. But it's a start.

Now all I need to do it publish it, using XSitePro's automatic publishing page. It asks for a bunch of information. And apparently, I'm getting at least some of it wrong. Because I keep changing the info and hitting "publish" and there's still no site up.

At this point I have three choices:

1. Submit a ticket to HostGator asking for the right info.

2. Call HostGator, asking for the right info.

3. Spend hours trying to figure it out myself.

For may years, I've chosen option 3. Maybe I have more testosterone than most females, because it's a bit like men refusing to ask for directions (yeah, I've done that too).

But I'm ready to try one of the other options. Be back later today with the results.

Janet

Update: I just submitted a ticket at 10:33am. They have been VERY prompt with their replies, so I expect to have an answer within a few hours at the most. I will let you know how long it takes to get the right info.

No comments:

Post a Comment