Friday, June 5, 2009

Watch Me Build a New Site!

I just purchased a new domain name, www.HeartBeat-Childrens-Music.com. I'll be offering classes to young children in my area.

It occurred to me that this is a perfect opportunity for you to watch me build a new site.

I can't afford a web designer, so I'll be stumbling to get this right. I'll be updating my progress right here on this blog.

So far it's just a parked domain. I took the first step yesterday, which was to visit www.namecheap.com, check the availability of my preferred domains, and buy the one that was closest to what I wanted. The cost was just under $10 for one year, so don't fall for any company that tries to charge you more than that.

You can find out more about choosing a domain name at the Domain Name page and its related pages at Website Building 4 Newbies.

If you'd like to subscribe to my posts (which will include more than this project), click on the orange button to the right, the one that says "posts."

Looking forward to having you along on my journey!

Wishing you peace & prosperity,

Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment